Gifford Trust

Edward Fenton
👍

Wed 3 Jun 2015, 23:20

Hello Ross - it is so good to be able to tell you at last that this is now going to become a reality - see the News pages of charlbury.info. Support for the proposal has been overwhelming. Many congratulations to the current members of the Gifford Trust for the expertise they brought to ensure that this finally came to fruition, despite the obstacles that they inherited.

russell robson
👍

Wed 26 Oct 2011, 20:57

The information is now on the website and will be posted around Charlbury at the weekend.

Amanda Epps
👍

Wed 26 Oct 2011, 15:06

Russell, you mention that the AGM is on 1 December, but there is nothing about this on the TGC website or in the events list on the Charbury website. If memory serves me correctly, there was little publicity last year too and many were unaware of the meeting.

Kat Patrick
👍

Tue 11 Oct 2011, 19:55

"The trust is working to achieve a viable development with some residential development to part fund the project." I thought that was what Beechcroft was supposed to be. OK, OK -- it's supposed to be "water under the bridge" all that Beechcroft stuff and bad advice and lawsuits and all, but this isn't looking good from my standpoint.

russell robson
👍

Tue 11 Oct 2011, 19:19

The Thomas Gifford Trust is continuing to progress plans to build a multiple purpose facility on the Spendlove site. The trustees are a mix of local people appointed by the town, district and county councils, with three appointed by the trustee themselves.

The trust is working to achieve a viable development with some residential development to part fund the project. Discussions continue with the district and county on their contributions to the project.

A full update on the project can be heard at the annual meeting on 1st December at the Memorial Hall

john h
👍

Sun 9 Oct 2011, 23:30

Nice to hear you are still alive and kicking,not a lot has changed since your time in Charlbury, still a brown field site, do not think I will see a center here. The Gifford Trust is still in existance, now a seperate entity from the Town Council.

John Harrison ( still a Town Councillor'til next year)

Kat Patrick
👍

Sun 9 Oct 2011, 23:10

Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha. That's a good one ...

ross horne
👍

Sun 9 Oct 2011, 20:33

Firstly, I would like to be pass on best wishes to my friends in Charlbury. I used to run the youth hostel in the town but moved away in the late 90's and now live in the Czech Republic. As those of you who lived in Charlbury during the 90's will remember, there was a long and often bitter debate about the old primary school site and its sale to finance the building of a new community centre. Without wanting to rake over old history, I just wonder whether the new centre was ever built and what happened to the Gifford Trust, which was responsible for the affair. Does the trust still exist?? Ross Horne

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.