Was it a plane, helicopter, or a giant motorized bird?

Charlotte Penn
👍

Thu 6 Oct 2011, 02:43

Many thanks John. How low do you think he was flying?

Was it the Puma or the Merlin tonight at 23.49hrs? At least he gave us more of a wide berth tonight.

Then, would you have it? Just as I was a dozing off finally, then a buzzing fly comes in, hiding out the wind. Just zapped it with some Frabeze. No flies in my house!

Just want some sleep, after the most horrendous week.

john h
👍

Wed 5 Oct 2011, 18:57

Possibly a C130 transport by the sound of it.It woke me too

Charlotte Penn
👍

Tue 4 Oct 2011, 22:55

Dear sleeping beauties, twaz a puma. Anyway, the good news is they won't be doing it again.

Oh and dad says, twaz a sparrow hawk not a kestrel. And, twaz a young tawny owl on her first flight, a little bit lost, bless her.

Oh owl, oh owl owl.

To you wondrous wise owl

Tweet tweet!

Charlotte Penn
👍

Tue 4 Oct 2011, 05:37

However, the owl can sure sing to me any time. It was on top of my roof ?" singing to the other owl, about three weeks ago, It was remarkable, amazing, to be sung to, by an owl, in a middle of a town, in the middle of the night. It may have been a young one, on his/her first flight? Owls are my favourite birds of all. In fact I've noted in my weird woeful recent culinary traveling travels, in hearing a massive increase of owls singing, in most woods.

We were talking about our owl only yesterday. My neigbour heard it twooo. Then, I was told about a kestrel, which landed in my neigbour's garden, on his hut. It wasn't our kite. Now that twoo, was pretty cool, toooow.

Beautiful, birds, loud, big and small can sure sing to me forever.

So sleeping beauties, hope you all had sweet dreams twooooo. I did, till I got woken. Tweet tweet, twer oh u. And, no I'm not a tweeter!

Oh well, I'll invent another recipe, for my book, in honour of wise owls. Now that I'm wide awake. Oh wise owl.

Best wishes,

From 'Big bird' ?" old mother goose, well goosed by a giant motorized twerp!

Charlotte Penn
👍

Tue 4 Oct 2011, 05:33

At just after 4am this morning, there was a very very low flying what, may I ask, dear folk?

As before, was it a plane, a helicopter, a giant motorized bird, or a Kassam?

It flew jolly fast too! It didn't sound like one of those pumas?

Am I the only one that heard? Surely not!

It certainly woke me up, thus this post pigeon, with my question, still wide awake over an hour later?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.