Car vandalism Market Street

Eleanor Broadribb
👍

Sat 20 Aug 2011, 16:25

Hi Anna, we also had someone run across the top of one of our cars. This however, was a month or two back, but it does provoke the question, who in their right mind does this?! Thankfully the car was not damaged, other than muddy boot prints (quite small - approximately size 7 or 8) running all the way up over the bonnet and the windscreen, over the roof of the car and back down over the engine cover (the engine of the car is at the back rather than the front). As it occured outside our house (Enstone Road) it springs to mind that it would be someone walking home drunk but the size of the boot prints is curious.

Anna Fairhurst
👍

Mon 1 Aug 2011, 11:39

I'm wondering if anyone else has had their car vandalised on Market Street. It's happened several times to us, always when parked near the Dyer's Hill end. We've had one aerial stolen and two windscreen wipers snapped off. The latest, this Friday night, was somebody running across the roof of my car, leaving big footprints on the bonnet and smashing in the soft-top roof. It's going to cost at least £500 to mend. I'm curious if it's just our cars being targeted, and I also wanted to warn people. We often can't park outside our house, but I'm not parking there again.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.