Forum moderation (Admin discussions)

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Mon 16 May 2011, 13:42

(I've moved this over from the main board as this is a policy issue, whereas the thread was discussing features.)

Derek Collett
👍

Mon 16 May 2011, 11:03

I would like the rules of the Forum to be enforced more rigidly and to apply to everyone all of the time, not just some of the people some of the time as appears to be the case at present. The best way to do this would be to submit all posts to a moderator who then vets them in accordance with the rules on civility, relevance, strong arguments, etc. before deciding whether (and in which section) they should be displayed on this site. This would stop some of the more extremist and reactionary views from polluting the Forum and causing unnecessary discord and unpleasantness. My aim is to make the Forum a less rancorous environment and one in which constructive and harmonious debate can flourish.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.