Garden Tool Sharpening

Emily Algar
👍

Thu 12 Jul 2012, 11:57

Does anyone know when the Tool Sharpener Van is back in Charlbury again?

Malcolm Blackmore
👍

Mon 9 May 2011, 00:08

There is the "reminder factor" to consider which a list on commercial services wouldn't necessarily cover - one's thoughts about a need are often jogged by a notice a week or so before making one think "I've got so-and-so in the shed I must do something about!!" so if a way could be built in to flag up such things very evidently, that would be a good thing. Doesn't preclude a commercial services listing of course but its the reminder at a timely point that works!

Richard Broughton
(site admin)
👍

Sun 8 May 2011, 00:10

There's the shredding company, but I don't know if their visits are sufficiently frequent (and CWAG seems to announce their arrival regularly). You might just give them entries in the business directory, perhaps with a new category of itinerant businesses or somesuch. Then they would be searchable and could be updated (e.g., for holiday changes).

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Sat 7 May 2011, 19:04

It'd be good to compile a list and run it on the website, complete with contact details.

Off the top of my head, we have: fish and chips on Friday evenings; pizza van on Monday evening; fish on Tuesday afternoon; bike repair on the second Saturday of the month.

What else?

John Munro
👍

Sat 7 May 2011, 18:49

Malcolm
If you want advance notice, they are back here on 4th June!

Malcolm Blackmore
👍

Sat 7 May 2011, 13:36

These mobile services are proving really useful what other ones could people think of that would be worth hunting out and seeing if they will come over?

Malcolm Blackmore
👍

Sat 7 May 2011, 13:36

Drat saw it too late could there be a bit more notice next time? Got a heap of edged tools that I have let get too far for a sharpening stone and they really need regrinding with a proper grindstone to reshape them. Lesson being to maintain ones tools properly in the first place of course. And not hit nails embedded in wood!

John Munro
👍

Sat 7 May 2011, 11:04

Must agree - great service....

Jean Adams
👍

Sat 7 May 2011, 09:56

Just had all my shears sharpened in the Mobile unit in the Spendlove Car Park.Excellent job, no one queueing, get down there!

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.