Greystones Development

Susie Finch
(site admin)
👍

Tue 7 Feb 2006, 14:21

At the planning meeting yesterday, the councillors have "deferred" this application which means that the Planning Officer has to now go back to the developers and get the plans altered. Basically houses will go on this site - its just a question of how many and what they look like. We will just have to see what the next lot of plans look like!

Simon Hogg
👍

Fri 23 Dec 2005, 14:00

aha.....I see the item under 'news' which has more details.

As an aside, the YHA development has partly sold, just the big house, the old glove factory (3 houses) is still empty after 2 years 9 months.

Simon Hogg
👍

Fri 23 Dec 2005, 13:52

are the developers (proposed/planned?) of Greystones the same as the one's that did the YHA ie. Comparo?

Susie Finch
(site admin)
👍

Wed 21 Dec 2005, 16:11

If you wish to object to WODC you have until 30th December to do so; the Town Council do not automatically get any letters to do with a planning application, so its best to let Roger Clarke have a copy of any objection you may raise (9 Hill Close). As Katie says you can email Jonathan Westerman, who is the Planning Officer in charge of this application.

Katie Ewer
👍

Mon 19 Dec 2005, 13:47

If you want to object, you can do it by email to Jon Westerman, who is the Planning Officer for this case. His address is: jon.westerman@westoxon.gov.uk

Susie Finch
(site admin)
👍

Mon 19 Dec 2005, 10:51

Being a resident of Wychwood Close I too have many concerns, not least the cramming in of so many houses, totally out of keeping with the surrounding properties on Crawborough, Wychwood Close and indeed over the road in Ticknell Piece. Can I urge you all to write to WODC, with a copy to the Town Council (c/o Roger Clarke, 9 Hill Close) to voice your objections to this in-filling of a lovely part of Charlbury. They also wish to demolish over 90% of the trees there, which will have a detrimental affect on the wildlife, and ruin perfectly good trees. Not to mention extra traffic on the Slade, which is bad enough as it is!! I good go on for ever but .... Just please object!!!
Susie

graham W
👍

Fri 16 Dec 2005, 23:19

Starting prices from £290K each, well I am sure we all know what happened at the old Youth Hostel, all of which still have no been sold, Good Its shear greed.

Malcolm Blackmore
👍

Fri 16 Dec 2005, 22:45

This is what is known in the planning trade as "Town Cramming".

John Kearsey
👍

Fri 16 Dec 2005, 13:36

Thankyou Richard for drawing attention to this. I think the developers own website is particularly revealing - prices starting at £295,000 - its hardly going to help those trying to get on an already steep property ladder.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2023. Contributions are the opinion of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.