Telephone problem

Jon Carpenter
(site admin)
👍

Fri 4 Mar 2011, 09:17

Good reason for using Skype if you have broadband but no phone line. And before you ask, just download it. It's free to download and free to use for computer to computer voice calls -- with video too if you want!

Peter.Alan.Willcox.
👍

Fri 4 Mar 2011, 00:22

I recently lost B.T. Broadband for several days although the phone was O.K. After numerous phone calls including a young lady in Madras it suddenly came on again. Mean while B.T advised me to buy a new cable,£13. all to no avail

Alan Hanks
👍

Thu 3 Mar 2011, 22:30

A friend with BT has no broadband for over a week. Phone is ok. BT say 10,000 in London ? have internet problem. Could not see the connection. Promised action Friday 4th, we will see.

Neil Valler
👍

Thu 3 Mar 2011, 20:51

Not sure where you live but BT have been working on Dyers Hill for the last few days. Could be related...?

Jenny Chambers
👍

Wed 2 Mar 2011, 12:24

No line on my phone either. It is a BT line, though I'm not with BT.

Heather Hill
👍

Wed 2 Mar 2011, 11:37

There are several of us in my street down but not all. My neighbour is also with BT but her line is fine. I reported this last night and they have said they will try to get if fixed by 5pm on 4th March. As one of my neighbours is elderley, lives on her own and relies on an alarm system which is supported by the phone I find this very worrying. I explained all this to BT and they have assured me that they are doing their best to get it sorted. Of course I had to speak to a person in India not in the UK - Mad!

Roger Ford
👍

Wed 2 Mar 2011, 11:33

I'm also with BT and I've got no dialing tone today. The internet seems ok.

Brigid Sturdy
👍

Tue 1 Mar 2011, 19:09

My BT phones are dead, although I can still use the internet. Has anyone else in Charlbury experienced this problem today?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.