THE ROYAL WEDDING - APRIL 29TH 2011

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Tue 22 Feb 2011, 09:31

No, you misunderstand. Jean had asked for her original posting to be removed so that it didn't clog up the forum; I'd said "don't worry, it'll slip off the bottom of the page in time". And it would have done if it hadn't then been resurrected. :)

(Topic locked.)

Ray Marshall
👍

Tue 22 Feb 2011, 06:20

Why ask for Brians entry to be removed? Most people i know are of the same opinion. All they are interested in is the extra day off work. Sorry if it sounds bad but its a fact.

Jean Adams
👍

Mon 21 Feb 2011, 21:44

Obviously. I had asked Admin to remove the entry, but the natural progression downwards will remove it naturally..

brian
👍

Mon 21 Feb 2011, 14:02

Perhaps most people are not that interested in the royal wedding?

Susie Finch
(site admin)
👍

Mon 21 Feb 2011, 13:26

Sounds like a lot of hard work to me!! I did mention it to the Town Council who said there will be no celebration as far as they are concerned; however next year when its the Queen's Diamond Jubilee, and we have two days bank holiday at the beginning of June, as with the previous jubilee there will (with willing helpers to organise) be some sort of party.

John Munro
👍

Wed 16 Feb 2011, 19:46

Certainly sounds like a nice idea. I wonder if there are any local organisations that might fancy investigating this any further?

Jean Adams
👍

Tue 15 Feb 2011, 19:03

Surely Charlbury will have a party to celebrate the Royal Wedding between Prince William and Catherine Middleton.(it is not on the Town Councils agenda)
As street parties necessitate closures, sometimes bus routes, I would suggest the Playing Close, where everyone can celebrate together.
I was going to London as I was there for the Queens Wedding and the Coronation, but am willing to stay and help co-ordinate a Grand Celebration. Jean Adams

This thread has been locked. You cannot add any further replies.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.