Charlbury Co-op

Malcolm Blackmore
👍

Thu 30 Dec 2010, 00:10

Seconded for Evenlode Bookshop! Jon delivered my Xmas presents in person to my house seeing as I have been pretty laid up with a prolapsed lumbar disk ... and the kids have read theirs already so why do I bother buying them books rather than library ho hum but there is something magical about owning books I can't shake from my childhood where I would save for months to buy a plane spotters book, Spot the 50's born kid "Empire of the Skies" era heh. Incidentally a really good history for plane buffs is Empire of the Skies. Amazon is unnecessary with this service in the village!

Jackie Hague
👍

Wed 29 Dec 2010, 14:34

Please also add thanks to Londis for daily essentials, Cotswolds Frames for unusual Christmas gifts and Evenlode Book Shop.

Peter.Alan.Willcox.
👍

Tue 28 Dec 2010, 23:31

I too am grateful for the milk deliveries and the Co-op.

graham W
👍

Sun 26 Dec 2010, 12:35

I think a big thank to all the retailers in Charlbury including Mike, Vicky and Steve for the intrepid milk deliveries in an electric milk float!

Peter.Alan.Willcox.
👍

Fri 24 Dec 2010, 23:13

The Charlbury Chess Club will not be meeting until further notice due to lack of support.

Brian Murray
👍

Wed 22 Dec 2010, 23:14

May I add my thanks to the Co-op staff for keeping going under very trying circumstances - and 'hats off' to the lad who walked to work from Spelsbury on Monday! No great distance maybe but with 10" of snow, that would have been quite a trek.

Liz Leffman
👍

Tue 21 Dec 2010, 14:48

Coud not agree more, Shelagh

Shelagh Scott
👍

Tue 21 Dec 2010, 14:38

I would like to say a big thank you to the staff at the co-op who have worked so hard to keep the shelves stacked, and struggled with the thankless task of attempting to keep the floor dry, as well as having to face terrible behaviour from some customers panic-buying in spite of the deliveries getting through every day. Yesterday one young man had walked from Spelsbury to get to his job there, and was still polite and smiling. I hope the comnpany gives them all a Christmas bonus!

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.