Road to Witney

Hamish Nichol
👍

Tue 21 Dec 2010, 14:37

The road to Witney was passable in non-4x4s yesterday - though I'm neither foolhardy or reckless. I wouldn't even say I was particularly brave either. The problems occur when drivers aren't prepared or aren't confident to drive in these conditions. I've seen 2wd cars getting around much more easily and safely than some 4wds.
The worst bit of the journey yesterday was the car parks in Witney and the minor roads of Charlbury.

tony merry
👍

Tue 21 Dec 2010, 13:17

Thanks everyone looks like the situation should be improving and I can see the Slade has been gritted now.

Jackie Hague
👍

Tue 21 Dec 2010, 11:17

I've just spoken to a man at the OCC Highways Dept. who tells me that according to their information the B4022 Charlbury to Witney Road has been gritted. He has contacted the contractor who will send out an inspector to check. If the road has not been gritted I'm told it will be done today.

Derek Collett
👍

Tue 21 Dec 2010, 10:45

When you say "very brave" do you in fact mean "foolhardy and reckless"?

John Munro
👍

Tue 21 Dec 2010, 10:35

There were a few very brave souls on the road yesterday without 4x4s, but majority were 4x4s.

Jean Adams
👍

Tue 21 Dec 2010, 10:16 (last edited on Mon 30 Mar 2020, 16:00)

Is there a kind soul going to Witney that would consider collecting our Laundry from County Textiles on Avenue 1, Station Lane ? We are snowed in.

tony merry
👍

Tue 21 Dec 2010, 09:58

Does anyone know if the road to Witney is passable for a non-4 by 4 ?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.