Any one Driving make from oxford

William Crossley
👍

Tue 21 Dec 2010, 00:52

Trains continued running, albeit delayed, into the evening and indeed, are running later than planned, as the redoubling contractors are unable to work west of Charlbury due to the snow cover, so FGW is running trains instead of the replacement buses from Oxford and Worcester, departing about 11pm. They are keeping to the bus timings, so much hanging around at stations. A note on the FGW alterations page suggests these trains will run nightly until Thursday, if the snow continues to prevent the engineering work.

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Mon 20 Dec 2010, 22:12

Good point. Thanks for the update - added to the news page.

John Dora
👍

Mon 20 Dec 2010, 21:28

FGW is running a modified service Tuesday - see their web page at www.firstgreatwestern.co.uk/Content.aspx?id=5012. Here it says that the 7.25 is not running; other alterations are listed, please note the lack of Oxford - Londons.

Hi Richard, concerning slow trains; trains are running between Finstock and Combe at a reduced speed (20mph I would guess) owing to the Temporary Speed Restriction imposed last Wednesday after a rockfall in the cutting near Stonesfield. The TSR is likely to be in place until remedial works take place.

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Mon 20 Dec 2010, 20:18

The departure boards have been showing typical delays of 45+ minutes on most services. Trains are apparently at little more than walking pace between Finstock and Combe and I presume maximum running speed south of Didcot will have been cut from 125mph. CrossCountry do appear to be running services north from Oxford again now.

Caroline Shenton
👍

Mon 20 Dec 2010, 20:12

Sporadic train service this afternoon. Managed to get in and out of Oxford but with an hour's delay each way. Trains standing room only and heating is dodgy.mmFGW mobile train tracker is highly unreliable at present: get up to date info from the FGW online departure boards instead (they are better, but still not 100% to be trusted)

Jon Carpenter
(site admin)
👍

Mon 20 Dec 2010, 18:11

Links to up-to-date information about trains and buses are on the news page of this website.

jacqui court
👍

Mon 20 Dec 2010, 16:42

thanks derek

Derek Collett
👍

Mon 20 Dec 2010, 16:37

Having just returned from Charlbury station I can report that trains are still running to/from Oxford at the moment (16.30), albeit with some delays and cancellations.

jacqui court
👍

Mon 20 Dec 2010, 15:20

i think the trains are stopping again from oxford this afternoon due to more snow, if anyone is driving back tonight from oxford in a 4 x 4 let me know my father is due to travel back from london paddington.

thanks

William Crossley
👍

Sun 19 Dec 2010, 16:57

And a PS, First Great Western website says anyone with Cotswold Line tickets dated for travel today will be able to use them tomorrow.

William Crossley
👍

Sun 19 Dec 2010, 16:53

Trains are about to resume on the Cotswold Line. A snow clearing and test train ran Worcester-Oxford in mid-afternoon.

Departures from Oxford to Worcester will be at 16.51, 18.52, 20.52 and 22.51. Departures from Worcester to Oxford will be at 18.26 and 20.28, so expected departures from Charlbury towards Oxford will be about 19.29 and 21.29, depending on conditions en route. FGW website not clear as to whether either southbound train will run beyond Oxford.

Rachael Lunney
👍

Sun 19 Dec 2010, 13:03

Any one driving back from oxford this afternoon to charlbury with a 4x4 who can pick my brother who be working in blacks. as no trains.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.