snow digging time

Paul Taylor
👍

Sun 26 Dec 2010, 09:01

Can you remove your post Richard

Paul Taylor
👍

Sun 26 Dec 2010, 08:59

Richard Has moved a different post not Snow digging This was not to do with Hugh Close we do need to get the Roads sorted but to late now its frozen . Have a Happy New Year Pearl

Paul Taylor
👍

Sun 26 Dec 2010, 08:51

sorry Pearl but I did say others as well

Pearl Manners
👍

Sun 26 Dec 2010, 08:03

With regard to your response about my request for help in Hughes Close had you read it properly instead of wanting to make some negative comment you would have noticed that I also asked for help for Sturt Close and Ticknell Piece!

Pearl Manners
👍

Sun 26 Dec 2010, 07:24

It's obvious you are not aware that the residents of Hughes Close are mostly elderly people and some of them have to have carers who need to be able to get to them.I've lived in Charlbury all my life (70+) and am amazed at you're response and if you read my request properly before wanting to jump in with some negative response I actually requested help for Sturt Close and Ticknell Piece as well! I did manage to do my own drive but doing the road is another story!

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Sat 25 Dec 2010, 21:36

(Posts about speeding moved to the Grease Pit -- Richard)

Peter.Alan.Willcox.
👍

Fri 24 Dec 2010, 23:19

Before the war shops and householders would clear their frontages of snow before customers arrived.It was important for business.

Paul Taylor
👍

Fri 24 Dec 2010, 21:14

Hughes Close Why did no one have a go and clear this your selfs there must be able bodied people there that could have. Its only the start of winter we have seen what west oxfordshire highways have done for us so speak to your neighbours get a plan together every one not just Hughs Close.

Derek Collett
👍

Thu 23 Dec 2010, 11:19

Is there any suggestion that this wanton destruction of snow heaps is a deliberate act of sabotage on the part of local Labour Party activists who are attempting to keep us all trapped in our houses so that we then blame the government for their lack of an effective snow-clearing policy and thus conspire to bring down this teetering coalition? I suspect that dirty work is afoot!

Diana Limburg
👍

Wed 22 Dec 2010, 11:02

Same here: it would be really, really, really great if all drivers could do their best to stick to the tracks that have been dug out. It is incredibly frustrating to have to keep on clearing the road because people just seem to be unable or unwilling to stick to the cleared bits. Whatever reasons there might be to drive over the snow heaps; please don't, it ruins it for other road users. And for the hardworking diggers. Thanks!

Paul Taylor
👍

Sun 19 Dec 2010, 15:53

thanks to the 4X4 driver for driving over the piles of snow and filling the road in again

Paul Taylor
👍

Sun 19 Dec 2010, 11:53

A Big thanks to the people from Marlborough Place that have been digging !!

Charlotte Penn
👍

Sun 19 Dec 2010, 10:58

I'm willing to start digging, later on this afternoon, but don't have a spade. However, as Kate and Paul have both said, can't do it on my own. I don't have the energy, as I'm not that fit (back problems, etc). It would be great if people could get together - to start digging, as I'm sure people would like to get to work tomorrow, so would like to know if anything could be arranged

Katie Ewer
👍

Sun 19 Dec 2010, 10:26

I dug a track up up our lane after the last flurry and put grit down on it. It took me an hour, keenly observed by 2 builders and a neighbour, none of whom offered to help- would have taken a quarter of the time with 4 of us, but there you go. Needless to say they all subsequently drove up it once I'd finished.

Paul Taylor
👍

Sun 19 Dec 2010, 08:51

I think its time to start digging a way out before the snow is to compacted please help each other if able not like the person that watched me last year only to jump in his car and go of a soon as I finished. (What a Muppet)

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.