Big cat sighting near Charlbury

john h
👍

Fri 3 Dec 2010, 20:19

What you are seeing is a steel statue of a panther, this is in the arboretum of the Priory, and if you have never been to an open day, there are lots of steel works of art there.If not, then it is worth while looking out when the next open day will be,around next May/June.
I think.
This has caused quite a few comments from rail travelers in the passed, but this panther is harmless.

nigel griffiths
👍

Fri 3 Dec 2010, 14:24

Hate to tell you, but most mornings its more than likley our dog,A black mastiff she all ways stalks around the Railway line most mornings,could be confused with a panther,She would definitely smell if a panther had been there.

Emily Algar
👍

Thu 2 Dec 2010, 21:56

It's statue, sorry to disappoint. You can see it very clearly in the summer.

Steve Barnett
👍

Wed 1 Dec 2010, 21:09

Big cat sighting in Charlbury? Actually, there's quite a few Jaguar being driven round!

Derek Collett
👍

Wed 1 Dec 2010, 19:15

Very funny Rachel but can I point out that I made that joke nearly two years ago so it is a bit old hat by now!

Rachel McCombie
👍

Wed 1 Dec 2010, 17:32

I was on the train just leaving Charlbury this morning when I spotted a large black panther in a snowy orchard close to the railway line. I got a good view of it but a short one, as the train was obviously moving, but there was absolutely no mistaking it as a panther. It was stalking through the snowy grass, concentrating on something on the ground and flicking its very long tail at the same time.

I was stunned! Has anybody else seen it? I've read that there have been many sightings round here and a journalist I spoke to earlier said they'd had loads of calls.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.