What District Council ward is central Charlbury in?

Christine Battersby
👍 3

Wed 24 Apr, 15:59

The Victoria Prentis leaflet makes more sense than the ones from Eynsham and Chipping Norton.

Victoria Prentis will be the Tory candidate for the next General Election (whenever that might be!) as we are now in the Banbury constituency for the GE, but still with Witney for the WODC elections next week. But in a different ward, of course, than either Eynsham and Cassington or Chipping Norton OR Kingham (which is in a different ward than Chipping Norton). 

So I think the Tory leaflet sent to Richard Fairhurst must be the most confusing of all the confusing mailings, as it manages to put forward for our ward (Charlbury and Finstock) a conservative candidate for 2 separate wards (Chipping Norton plus Kingham, Rollright and Enstone).

Alice Brander
👍 1

Wed 24 Apr, 10:26

I've got a very green leaflet from Mrs Prentis telling me about all the good works she has achieved for Banbury.  We don't even have a bus service to Banbury.  I sometimes go that way to join the M40 or use their railway links.

Amanda Epps
👍 1

Wed 24 Apr, 10:12 (last edited on Wed 24 Apr, 10:16)

Just had my Eynsham and Cassington Tory leaflet delivered by Royal Mail long after I used my postal vote!   Like Mike, I have a Lib Dem stake board outside my house.  

Christine Battersby
👍 8

Tue 23 Apr, 13:34

Now also had the Eynsham and Cassington Tory campaign leaflet delivered by Royal Mail.

The Tories seem intent on proving just how inept they are at organisation on every level. 

Michael Flanagan
👍 2

Tue 23 Apr, 07:58

Those who weren't around when Drop the Dead Donkey was the cultural high point of our week don't know what they're missing. But by the miracle of streaming, they can find out on the Channel 4 catch-up service.

Well worth it if you've run out of unseen Blue Lights episodes.

Tony Graeme
👍 2

Mon 22 Apr, 23:46

Should this thread not have been ‘delivered’ to the Debate?

Just sayin . . 

Emily Algar
👍 1

Mon 22 Apr, 17:34

Not Sir Royston from Drop the Dead Donkey?

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍 6

Mon 22 Apr, 16:03 (last edited on Mon 22 Apr, 16:03)

We (also in the town centre) just had the Conservative leaflet for Chipping Norton and Kingham delivered!

Or it might be for Royston Vasey given the headline of “This is a local election about local issues”…

Michael Flanagan
👍 10

Mon 22 Apr, 11:08

Charlbury and Finstock, most people following this site will tell us.

So why has my house (festooned with posters for the current C&F District Councillor, my wife) just received, with the rest of our Royal Mail delivery, a leaflet for someone it describes as "your local Conservative candidate" - for Eynsham and Cassington.  And why is this person described as "local" when he lives in Witney?

Perhaps even more weirdly, the leaflet promises that a successful Conservative candidate "can deliver for you and West Oxfordshire". He clearly can't deliver leaflets - which is why Tory donors are paying Royal Mail to do what serious parties get volunteers to do for free. And he's clearly a wee bit confused about what seat he's standing for.

But surely some of these well-off, allegedly "local", Tory donors must expect their candidate to know where Charlbury is?  Or are they now past caring?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.