Help! Cannot upload photos from IPhone to post advert

Deborah Longshaw
👍 1

Sat 13 Apr, 14:01

Yay!!!

Thank you Richard, whatever you did it worked. 

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍 1

Sat 13 Apr, 13:57

I think Richard B is right, it’s the weird format that sometimes iPads/iPhones save in. I won’t bore you with the technical details but it’s particularly hard for websites to deal with. I’ve just tweaked the site to tell the iPad “only give me the photo in a standard format” which should hopefully fix it.

Deborah Longshaw
👍

Sat 13 Apr, 13:29

Thank you for responding Richard.

I have never had an issue posting photos on the website & the last time I posted some was only a couple of months ago & have not changed phones or format since then, so ….As to why type of photos- haven’t a clue ones downloaded from my IPad/Iphone.

Richard Broughton
(site admin)
👍 10

Sat 13 Apr, 11:28 (last edited on Sat 13 Apr, 11:31)

Tim's question is very relevant. Richard F can confirm, but the HEIC photos that newer iPhones create may not be compatible with image handling system of this site that was created long before that file format was created.  If you have and HEIC file, export that as a jpeg/jpg file and try again.

Also worth remembering that this is not a commercial site and our very busy volunteer webmaster may not always be in a position to respond immediately.

Tim Gosling
👍

Sat 13 Apr, 08:29

What type of file are you trying to upload?

Deborah Longshaw
👍

Sat 13 Apr, 07:42

So have now waited over 24hrs for a response from either admin (I also emailed you) or any other bright spark who might have some idea, why I cannot upload my photos so I can place my advert on this sight. Everytime I try all I get is the response - ‘Sorry that is not a valid type of file’. 
Please, please can someone - preferably someone in the admin team - help. 

Thanks

Deborah Longshaw
👍

Fri 12 Apr, 12:36

Hi,

Is anyone else on here experiencing issues uploading photos for their adverts?
Trying to upload from Ipad and never had issues before, is it just me?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.