Derelict Building Site on Hixet Wood

Tina Piotrowsky
👍 11

Sun 24 Mar, 10:38

Living opposite to the building site, I have contacted Blenheim this week and they are still waiting for SE Energy to remove the electric poles and cables so that they can continue and complete the work. They estimate that this will happen in the next 3-6 months.

Sadly there are other properties in the centre of this beautiful town unfinished,  looking awful after 7+ years and therefore look nothing like the planning permission passed, but having contacted WODC they inform me that once the building work has started within 3 years of the application, the owners are under no obligation to ever finish the works and make the property look lovely like the passed plans even in an area of outstanding beauty.

Charlie M
👍 16

Sat 23 Mar, 22:01

Does anyone know what the situation is with this? I was recently told that the building that has been done so far has been subject to subsidence. 
Whoever the builders are, it seems a bit rich to desecrate what was a lovely green area; if what they wanted to do is not going to happen, they should remove the dereliction and restore the site to how it was, including replanting the trees that were uprooted.

Let’s hear from the builder! Thank you!

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.