Easter at the Deli

Rod Evans
👍

Sun 24 Mar, 10:35 (last edited on Sun 24 Mar, 10:36)

Many thanks to Sarah for her post re our wine tasting!  A pleasant time had by all and almost everyone left with a bottle or two - which says it all.

The wines will be available in the Deli till Easter.  The Saint Veran would (will in my case!) go wonderfully with a fish pie, the Muscadet with horsd'oeuvres and lighter seafood, the Bordeaux, lamb and redcurrant jelly - a heavenly threesome - and the Cotes du Rhone Villages perfect with stronger flavours - and not forgetting the Muscat with dessert and chocolate.  More chocolate!!

Rod Evans
👍 1

Wed 20 Mar, 16:50 (last edited on Wed 20 Mar, 16:57)

Easter Update

French Wine Tasting Fri 22/03 5.00 -7.00pm

Well we had a slight mix-up there between the Sauvion Baronne du Cleray Muscadet (see below) and a Domaine du petit Clocher Sauvignon Blanc!!  No worries, am pleased to report the Muscadet will be arriving tomorrow (Thurs) but we thought we’d hold on to a few bottles of the Sauvignon in case that’s your fancy.  So Sauvion or Sauvignon, take your pick…

No confusion over the Petit Chablis – but catastrophe, like distant cousins, they’re in limited supply (first to get that reference gets a free coffee – Ali??).  A few bottles left if you’re quick and to replace it we’ve chosen another yummy Burgundy – Cave de Prisse Saint Veran Les Pierres Blanches 2021.  (Short of a couple of acutes there mais pas grave) this deliversripe peach, honeyed notes, citrus fruits, and a hint of creaminess’ – and even better value at £17.50.

And finally – the finale indeed – we’re very happy to offer a special treat of the Muscat de Beaumes de Venise, Reserve Vidal Fleury 2021 37.5cl (£15.50) from ‘the longest continuously operating winery and négociant in the Rhône Valley’.  Hugh Johnson says to serve it ‘v. cold’ – who are we to argue with The Master??  Just don’t forget the blue cheese or chocolate.

Look forward to seeing you on Friday – barring the infamous Fermeture Exceptionelle (i.e. having a great lunch) - when we’ll be tasting the ‘main course’ wines.  And maybe have a few ‘bin ends’ on offer too, subject to negotiation with The Management.  There’s a Sancerre I have my eyes on…

More chocolate!

Stephen Bubb
👍

Tue 19 Mar, 16:05

The wines at The, deli are particularly good – but it’s sometimes difficult to see what exactly is on offer, so Rods, guide here is really useful. I recommend it has someone who has a taste for good wine. Important to celebrate Easter well, I think

Rod Evans
👍 6

Fri 15 Mar, 17:07 (last edited on Fri 15 Mar, 17:23)

French Wine tasting Friday 22/03 5.00-7.00PM

Whatever your religion or none, Easter is surely a time for family & friends to get together and do the traditional things - like eating chocolate, of which we have loads!

We’ll also have a few carefully selected classic French wines on Special Offer…

Long post - click to read full text

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.