Mobile phone networks WITH A SIGNAL!

derek
👍

Fri 17 Nov 2006, 10:03

Gary
My wife has t-mobile and she get nothing at home (finstock). Does you book say anything about fistock, or is that covered by the charlbury mast aswell??
As you can tell i'm not hot on this subject!!.

John Munro
👍

Tue 14 Nov 2006, 22:13

To be fair to my son, his friend is staying with use for a few days and has T-Mobile. It only gives him a signal in certain parts of the town and nothing in others.

Gary McAlea
👍

Tue 14 Nov 2006, 21:50

Checking the books at work there should be no problem with the signal in the area as the Charlbury transmitter should cover the area. If you have trouble with the signal get onto your provider and tell them you need the gain in the signal increasing

derek
👍

Tue 14 Nov 2006, 10:55

john

no need to apologise, he has a point. let the young speak free !!!

John Munro
👍

Mon 13 Nov 2006, 22:24

Apologies for the previous message - my son got hold of the computer!

John Munro
👍

Mon 13 Nov 2006, 19:25

T-mobile is rubbish so dont bother with that, i recommend 02.

Mary
👍

Tue 19 Sep 2006, 16:40

Take note that only certain places in Charlbury can have a signal and that o2 doesnt work in some places espiacally up ditchley road where i don't have any signal atall

many thanks mary

James Wheare
👍

Sun 6 Aug 2006, 01:15

+1 for O2. Never had any problems with signal in the area.

Fran Leslie
👍

Sat 8 Jul 2006, 18:44

I never have any trouble with the Vodaphone signal in Church Street. However, as I travel down into Park Street my car radio cannot tune into Radio 4.

Gary McAlea
👍

Mon 19 Jun 2006, 20:02

never had any trouble with TMobile in the area. Always get a good deal as I go through retained customers and say I am going to leave unless they can better a deal by another company

Stephen Andrews
👍

Tue 30 May 2006, 19:38

Sorted! O2 rules in Park St

Stephen Andrews
👍

Tue 30 May 2006, 12:13

Can I try out reception for a phone with an O2 network please, or would anyone with such a phone like a cup of tea or a coffee?

I am just about to move from my old company phone which is Orange and has an awful signal where I live at the bottom of Park St. I am told that the O2 network is fine - but they do not have a refund policy, so I am stuck if I buy one, try it out and it does not work.

email me on stephen.andrews@phonecoop.coop

Thanks

Malcolm Blackmore
👍

Mon 5 Dec 2005, 19:46

Our requirments are such as to make a mobile service provider weep - almost always mobile to mobile, and often no more than 2-3 squid per month, just as personal keep in touch's for collecting kids, when out at shops and forgotten what was wanted, rendevous times etc etc.

Mobile Phone Warehouse back in err, 2001? did a nice 10p minute no tariff phone to phone deal that suited us well and was by far the cheapest going at the time.

We really don't need anything more apart from reception...

graham W
👍

Fri 18 Nov 2005, 19:09

Malcolm, no seriously here now, I find that Vodafone works very well in this area and tends to have better coverage across the whole of the UK. But I would difinately investigate the tariff charges as they can vary from being reasonable to expensive, depends on your requirements

Malcolm Blackmore
👍

Thu 17 Nov 2005, 22:46

Alas Graham, no company phone - no work all private expenses. Lucky the corporate clones, eh? ducks

Hence the comment about cheap his and hers phones - which Fresh have provided us with in the more, ah, "central" areas. Now we can't even seem to contact each other if Janet is running late on her way home in the car or anything like that.

When Meg was a baby we didn't have mobiles, but have got spoilt with Alex the last 3 years - makes me far more secure if I can ring up in case something should happen to him (or me if I take a bad turn!). Aren't we becoming a bunch of softies? Imagine what it must have been like when all that stood between your toddler and the cave bear was you and a bit of stick with a sharp stone and some chewed sinew...

How well does Vodaphone extend into the pathway networks, so to speak? Out and about in the better weather exploring?

graham W
👍

Thu 17 Nov 2005, 22:14

I would recommend that you get a company financed phone then tell them about about the lack of service in the area and when they try to get contact they can't - How unfortunate, Oh where am I, I'm at the 19th hole

John Kearsey
👍

Thu 17 Nov 2005, 13:24

Malcolm,

The mast on the Woodstock road is the Orange network, which in my house had a few awkward blind spots. I have just moved over to 3 which uses the O2 network as well as its own. I get an excellent signal all over Charlbury - even inside the Bull! I believe the coverage has improved since a new mast has been installed at Rangers Lodge which is near the Leafield turn off the Burford road. Vodaphone's masts are on the fire station tower on Sturt Road and as Susie says, the coverage is very good. Hope this helps you make an informed decision!

John

Susie Finch
(site admin)
👍

Thu 17 Nov 2005, 12:50

You'll find Vodaphone give the best coverage round here.

Susie

Malcolm Blackmore
👍

Thu 17 Nov 2005, 11:28

Our mobiles have done us pround and cheaply for some 5 years, but on moving here, alas, the Fresh network has let us down. We just about get a signal at home if standing with the left shoulder towards the doorpost in the hallway, leaning forward slightly with the right foot raised just ...ah.. oh no...

A hundred feet along the footpath and no signal, Fawler, Finstock, nothing.

We don't want nor need expensive contracts, just a simple (say) 10p/min his'n'hers phone to phone deal like we've had. Or better!

What networks give decent cover of Charlbury and the surrounding areas where we might be walking with little kids etc.?

Where are the masts? One seems to be near the road that leads out of Charlbury towards Woodstock. Which networks are on which masts?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.