Malcolm Blackmore
👍

Thu 24 Nov 2005, 20:31

Thanks all!

Susie Finch
(site admin)
👍

Tue 22 Nov 2005, 14:29

Malcolm, we have a few old PCs at work - not sure what they are - probably only Pentium III or II !!! Will check out to see if they work, if they are any good for you.

Susie

David Perkins
👍

Tue 22 Nov 2005, 09:50

I have one you can have. Off the top of my head, it's an Athlon 850MHz with 128Mb. I can make use of the hard drive, so it is just the mobo, cpu, ram, psu, case. Contact me on 01993 771117 or by email: tickerboo at gmail dot com

Malcolm Blackmore
👍

Tue 15 Nov 2005, 15:39

Looks like my old linux server is dying :-( That's two in the last year. But they are about 7 years old and been in continuous use.

Anyone got anything in the 500+ mhz range they don't want?

Doesn't need: monitor, hard disks, keyboard, mouse, CD, cables. Doesn't even need a case (motherboard will do fine). Case can be any crappy looking thing - it's going into a cupboard.

A bit faster than 400-500mhz will be nice. As this gets left on all day I often use it for checking emails etc and quick web lookups when I can't be bothered to turn on the desktop (save energy too). A 400mhz/128mb ram 'pooter creaks in pretty pictures mode.

Oh, and a broken laptop with a couple of network cards will do a nice low energy firewall - screen or keyboard bust no problem, just wire it up to the KVM and one is away. Must have external monitor and keyboard port though!

Many thanks
Malcolm

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2023. Contributions are the opinion of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.