Second hand book sellers ...

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Mon 7 Nov 2005, 22:31

Another (very new) secondhand bookseller locally: Books & Ink on White Lion Walk in Banbury. Plenty of eminently readable stuff, reasonable prices, and friendly.

Ben - I've deleted your first posting. :)

Ben E. Wriggle
👍

Thu 3 Nov 2005, 16:14

Ooops, sorry - can't get used to this forum being 'up-side-down'- new post at the top - used to it the other way around.

I'll get my coat.........

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Thu 3 Nov 2005, 10:26

One in Woodstock a short way down from the Co-op; one on the green in Witney; and one in Chippy a couple of doors away from Fairfax. A bit further afield, there's a good bookshop in Chipping Campden; a dealer in Hook Norton whose stuff can be searched on abebooks.com and who'll take visitors by arrangement; and if you fancy a day out, a couple of decent ones in Gloucester.

David Whittaker used to have a shop in Charlbury (where Evenlode Books is now), and though the shop's no longer there, he returns to the Cornbury Suite in the Bell every month or two with his stock laid out on tables.

Spoilt in Oxford? I've always been surprised how bad Oxford is for secondhand books. I like Oxfam and the one in Jericho, but those on the High are pretty dire.

Malcolm Blackmore
👍

Wed 2 Nov 2005, 21:22

Without having to hoof it into Oxford, are there any second hand sellers in the small towns and villages in this broad area? I'm after s/h to be read, not "collected", so not too worried about condition being pretty. Most of the stuff I'm after isn't available from the library service, alas.

And we don't seem to have much selection in the local charity shops in Witney or Chippy from the looks of it.

Obviously I was spoilt in Oxford!

Suggestions?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.