Coop prices (Debate)

Mark Sulik
👍 5

Sun 4 Jun 2023, 10:11

Is the Charlbury Co Op  designated as a convenience store ? rather than a supermarket ? The cost of convenience being reflected in having such a luxury and with opening hours better than the other alternatives and the travel distance / cost and time ? Home Delivery is an option  

Malcolm Blackmore
👍

Thu 1 Jun 2023, 15:54

Is the Coop so widely out of line with other big chain retailers? We use it for most things only occasionally doing a large "shop" by car, with veggies being mostly supplied by my wife being a volunteer at the market garden Aston way (the name of which just instantly went tip-o-tongue as went to type it! - and Styan delivery which Christine E advertises every week. Just how much is the markup for "shopping local"?

Hans Eriksson
👍

Sat 27 May 2023, 10:07

I mean 2 pints (being a metric person). However that same 2 pint product is 92p at the cherman supermarkets. A lot of other products are much dearer as well. 

Alan Cobb
👍 3

Sat 27 May 2023, 08:26

I have just checked. The price of a pint of milk in the Coop is £1.05, as it has been for some time.  £1.45 buys you a 2 pint bottle.

Katie Ewer
👍 3

Fri 26 May 2023, 12:47

It's really excellent for teaching kids how to check shop prices though. You can point out how some "Special Offers" aren't quite as special as they seem and teach them why buying 1 big bottle is SO much cheaper than a small one. There are some great examples of illogical pricing in our Coop!

Hans Eriksson
👍 4

Thu 25 May 2023, 21:53

I was somewhat surprised yesterday buying a pint of milk at the Coop, price £ 1.45. As the same product is available for 92p at the German supermarket in Chippy. Yes a small markup for a convenience store might be acceptable - say 5%. But 50%, where did that come from? I was under the impression the Coop was some sort of charity run for the benefit of the members (I am a member), but that does not seem to be true. Who knows?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.