Bonkers (Debate)

Alice Brander
👍 6

Mon 29 May 2023, 11:02

A couple of weeks ago I was staring sadly at empty fruit and veg trays. The only green available were plastic packages of air freighted, "hand picked", mange-tout from China. I thought ahhh .... Brexit benefit and went away empty handed.

I imagine Ms Coffey on the telephone to Mr Xi Jinping, "Just send us green stuff,  don't care what it is, label it hand-picked, that'll be popular".   

stephen cavell
👍 5

Fri 26 May 2023, 11:50

I believe that part of 'food inflation' is due to people eating crops out of season which adds to production costs and transport costs. Incidentally the taste of out of season crops is usually poorer.

denise martyn
👍 3

Thu 25 May 2023, 21:48

Chippy Aldi have English asparagus. 

Hans Eriksson
👍

Thu 25 May 2023, 21:48

No the he world's finest asparagus is grown in my backyard on Spelsbury Rd.

Graham Wisker
👍 1

Thu 25 May 2023, 20:44

In response to Chris,  the world's finest asparagus in grown in Evesham,  a balmy and ridiculous 30 miles away!

Christopher Tatton
👍 5

Thu 25 May 2023, 14:02

Saw they had asparagus from Peru a week or so ago, in the middle of the English asparagus growing season. Trashing the planet or what? 

Stephen Andrews
👍 6

Thu 25 May 2023, 08:39

Just popped into the Coop and saw Brussel sprouts on sale - from Morocco. Eh?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.