Sewage Pollution of our rivers by Thames Water (Debate)

Malcolm Blackmore
👍

Sat 20 May 2023, 14:35

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2023/may/20/revealed-warning-to-ministers-over-privatised-water-kept-secret-since-2002

Charlie M
👍 2

Thu 18 May 2023, 11:44

The thing on "Today" left me totally unimpressed. Typical PR BS.

Rod Evans
👍 2

Thu 18 May 2023, 11:11 (last edited on Thu 18 May 2023, 11:13)

Don't be fooled by today's announcement (covered on "Today"!) into thinking 'problem solved', there is still a very long way to go - proof of the pudding etc but acknowledging the problem is at least a start.

Just so galling that the water industry's patronising spokesperson still blames the Victorian infrastructure 33 years after they took it over.

Charlie M
👍 3

Wed 11 Jan 2023, 07:46

There was an item on this on Radio Four's "Today" Programme this morning, just after 7:30am (therefore, just after an hour and a half into the programme, if you are trying to find it on "Listen Again").

I find it staggering that shareholders of a utility can basically vote as to whether improvements to the pollution situation are made or not.

And as for our excuse for an MP, who I always refer to these days (after his infamious vote on this matter) as "The Member for the Pro-Sewage Party", the less said the better

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.