Sun 14 Oct 2018: Cornbury Classic 5k and 1mile Fun Run
This event is in the past.
"The Cornbury Classic" is back! Slightly different to previous years, this event is now either a 5k run around the beautiful Cornbury Park, through areas otherwise closed to the public, or (for the children), a mile run - all within sight of adults at the start and finish. This event is being run by Finstock and Leafield Schools, and registration is via the PTA-Event page found below.
Things you need to know:
This is an event not to be missed! The opportunity to walk or run around these parts of Cornbury Estate do not come around very often, so come along and make the most of the freedom. It is a "fun run" which can be completed at any pace, by anyone.
- Adult entry for the 5K is £10 if booked in advance, £12 on the day. This fee includes parking.
- Child entry (Under 16's) for either the 5k or the 1 mile is £5 in advance, £6 on the day.
- The event is being held in Cornbury Park - entry via the Finstock entrance (200m up from Finstock train station).
- Registration on the day opens at 8:30am (it closes for the 1 mile run at 9:45am and for the 5k run at 10:15am).
- The 1 mile fun-run starts at 10am.
- The 5k fun-run starts at 10:30am.
- There will be prizes for the winners of various categories in both runs.
- There will be spot prizes up for grabs throughout the morning.
- Refreshments, including tea and coffee, bacon sarnies and cakes will be available throughout the morning.
- Toilets available on-site.
- Official photographers will be at the event
- Race numbers must be collected on the morning of the fun run - they will not be sent out. Please leave enough time to collect your race number on the day.
- There will be medals for all finishers.
- You can sign up for the event at www.pta-events.co.uk/fols.
This will be a great day and a really good opportunity to raise lots of money for the local schools. It is open to anyone who would like to take part. U16s can sign up for the 5k, but must be accompanied by a fully paying adult. The terrain of the 5k route is hilly and uneven in parts so we recommend caution. For the more serious runners amongst you, this is not a PB course! We will have a tail-walker, who will be at the back of the run/walk at all times, and who will be walking. Run times will be sent out on the afternoon of the event. They will be gun-times, not chip-times (ie. timing will start when the gun goes off, not when you cross the start line).
Sign up today at www.pta-events.co.uk/fols