This advert was posted 254 days ago and may no longer be relevant.
Do you want to make a practical difference to help tackle the climate crisis? If so, we want to hear from you! RetrofitWorks is looking for an Admin Assistant to join our new office in Charlbury, working part time, preferably 5 days a week. The role will report directly to the Scheme Manager, initially on a 3 months contract.
RetrofitWorks is a co-operative which designs and hosts energy efficiency and retrofit schemes nationally. In Oxfordshire it is working in partnership with the Low Carbon Hub and the National Energy Foundation to deliver the Cosy Homes scheme across Oxfordshire.
The Cosy Homes scheme is a home retrofit service, enabling householders to live in cosier, healthier, more environmentally and energy efficient homes. It offers a trusted, locally based solution, bringing together local vetted service providers and organisations to deliver to householders. The scheme was launched in April 2019 as a pilot, and will run until March 2021, when the project will move into the next phase of delivery.
• Salary/Rate: £10.00/hour
• Hours: 4 hrs/day (e.g. 9:00 – 13:00, but flexible) 5 days/week
• Location: Central Charlbury
• Immediate start
• Deadline: November 14th 5pm
Please email your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com
As the Administrative Assistant, your main duties will include:
• Act as a point of contact for the service with customers and service providers.
• Process and respond promptly to incoming communications (post, telephone, email, face to face), accurate message taking, copying and distributing information as necessary.
• Produce a range of documents including letters/emails and updating spreadsheets to a good standard to required deadlines.
• Process and input data into information management systems and databases, ensuring accuracy and security of data and compliance with statutory requirements.
• Use electronic and manual filing systems with due regard to security and confidentiality.
• Keeping an up to date diary of appointments and meetings with customers and stakeholders
• Sharing events and relevant news updates on social media
To be successful for this post you will need to have:
• English Language and Mathematics GCSE Grade C or above (or equivalent), or NVQ Level 2 Administration (or equivalent)
• Previous administrative experience
• Experience and regular use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, plus Internet
• Experience of note taking and documenting meeting minutes
• Experience of handling data and statistics
• Experience of inputting and retrieving data from IT systems
• Proven ability to work effectively to deadlines
• Ability to communicate effectively by telephone, in writing, by e-mail and in person
• Good keyboard skills, particularly in accuracy of input
• Ability to work calmly under pressure and prioritise competing demands to meet deadlines
• Organised approach to tasks, good attention to detail, flexibility and ability to handle change
• Familiarity and confidence with social media – to be used to promote the scheme (desirable)