Clarkson (Debate)

Philip Ambrose
👍 1

Sat 26 Aug 2023, 20:25

If Trump is standing for Charlbury Town Council at least he won't need to go arm twisting for 12,000 extra votes!

Matthew Greenfield
👍 2

Thu 24 Aug 2023, 22:04

More Clarkson news:

Amazon may ditch Clarkson’s Farm over his Sun column comments on Meghan

Charlie M
👍 3

Fri 4 Aug 2023, 18:11

His current behaviour rather suggests that he is going to attempt to emulate Richmal Crompton's doyen of vocal ejaculation, Violet Elizabeth Bott, and "thcream and thcream and thcream until he is thick". 

That being the case, I suggest that adequate hygiene precautions might be required if he does...

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍 6

Fri 4 Aug 2023, 15:36

Is he going for the vacant seat on Charlbury Town Council?

Graham Wisker
👍 2

Wed 2 Aug 2023, 20:06

I hear that Donald Trump is sniffing around the town.

Emily Algar
👍 3

Wed 2 Aug 2023, 17:43

Speaking of Clarkson, he's at the Bull. His entourage of range rovers blocking the buses on Brown's lane, however an S3 bus has just gone down...

Malcolm Blackmore
👍

Wed 2 Aug 2023, 17:25

At 15.28hrs ?? Not a drop, Guv. Just a stylistic attempt to put down colloquial speech in a written form ... and as stated, after 19 years still don't know the inside story - may be fully an urban myth!

Wendy Bailey
👍 10

Mon 31 Jul 2023, 20:02

Dare I join this conversation and say, why shouldn't other people want to live here?

We all chose to live here as well. 

Matthew Greenfield
👍 6

Mon 31 Jul 2023, 18:45

Clarkson himself being one of the original 'tossers' of course (IPSO ruling from earlier this month):

Jeremy Clarkson's Meghan article was sexist to duchess, press regulator rules

Julia Webb
👍 5

Mon 31 Jul 2023, 17:26

It would be great to have a chinese takeaway/restaurant.

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍 1

Mon 31 Jul 2023, 16:03

Full article: https://archive.ph/FxvBO

Ali Ross
👍 4

Mon 31 Jul 2023, 14:39

Clive, the way he describes the Cotswolds makes me want to move. Luckily, the 'tossers' remain in the minority.

Clive Gibson-Leitch
👍

Sun 30 Jul 2023, 13:14

For those of a nervous disposition, I should warn you that in his regular Sunday Times column Clarkson talks of his visit last week to The Bull.  Though he does say nice things about it.

Phil Morgan
👍 11

Wed 26 Jul 2023, 17:43

Are you pissed?

Malcolm Blackmore
👍

Wed 26 Jul 2023, 15:28 (last edited on Wed 26 Jul 2023, 15:29)

oooh gossip - love to now the story if it doesn't fall foul on the most repressive and retrograde libel/slander law in the entire world that exist in England!!

And that's why billionaires are filing SLAPP suites gainst Climate Over Heating activists.

Look up what a SLAPP abuse of the law means.

Maybe via private mail... for the fable?

Charlie M
👍 1

Mon 17 Jul 2023, 22:03

Malcolm, you are correct; it concerned - as I understand it - the entire "Top Gear" team.

Malcolm Blackmore
👍 1

Mon 17 Jul 2023, 19:24

Wasn't there something about he-who-not-be-named being Barred from Hostelries in Town just about the time we arrived here, with infants in tow, 18+ years ago? What's the actual history or is it Urban Myth?

[And should The Bull be told if true?]

Christine Battersby
👍 8

Mon 17 Jul 2023, 14:05

It's a response to a Ricky Gervais' sketch which uses exactly the same phrase and response to a local noticeboard with guitar lessons on offer. Gervais even phones up the potential guitar teacher and slags off the offer. Google and the sketch will come up. 

I think Clarkson must have been looking for a suitable noticeboard for quite some time. Glad Charlbury could oblige. I trust the advertiser didn't also get a phone call from Clarkson. 

But it is still beyond me as to why this is a top story in the Oxford Mail and associated newspapers - - especially since the OM reporter clearly doesn't get the joke. 

Michael Flanagan
👍 1

Mon 17 Jul 2023, 12:59

Why does he think anyone gives a flying wotsit about whether he wants guitar lessons or not.

Or is this a passive-aggressive complaint that guitar teachers aren't advertising at his fake food shop?

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Sun 16 Jul 2023, 11:34

I see Jeremy Clarkson has visited Charlbury:

https://twitter.com/JeremyClarkson/status/1680227276909076482

James Styring
👍 1

Fri 3 Mar 2023, 16:16

This is funny:  https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/news/tv/jeremy-clarkson-shocked-discover-x-26337437?fbclid=IwAR0EI4LztFUmwz8n2bvTFRS5IxHEnh92-uwZcK-i1CaJsmMikRATPVFsQig

James Norris
👍 1

Fri 23 Dec 2022, 13:27

More likely he was recalling Cercei Lannister in Game of Thrones, which if it had aired this week would still be pretty awful, but that was about three years ago.

Christine Battersby
👍 11

Wed 21 Dec 2022, 14:24

I think Glena is being unfair to the medieval period. On the surface Clarkson's disgusting analogy recalls the 13th century legend of Lady Godiva who paraded naked on a horse through the streets of Coventry, her modesty covered by her long flowing hair. Except that Clarkson would like the veil…

Long post - click to read full text

glena chadwick
👍 7

Wed 21 Dec 2022, 00:20

One certainly hopes there would have been. This kind of language is disgustingly medieval and should not be used about anyone. Clarkson is a seriously unpleasant person and it is disgraceful that the The Sun publishes his stuff. A wholesale boycott is needed of what he says, sells and parades on television.

Graham Wisker
👍

Tue 20 Dec 2022, 21:15 (last edited on Tue 20 Dec 2022, 21:16)

Basically like I said.  Would there be this outcry if he had said the same about whoever , ok include Harry Kane, thats my point

Andrew Chapman
👍 3

Tue 20 Dec 2022, 21:11

What's your point, Graham? Or are you saying serial liar Boris and criminal liar Donald are victims?

Graham Wisker
👍 2

Tue 20 Dec 2022, 20:48

But would there be this outcry if he said the same about Boris, Trump etc??

Charlie M
👍 8

Mon 19 Dec 2022, 10:16 (last edited on Mon 19 Dec 2022, 11:51)

I gather that Clarkson writes for The Sun. I'm glad of that, because it fits his persona perfectly. And like *all* bullies, the best way to render them ineffective is to ignore them.

Meanwhile there are more important people and things to worry about. Like the people who cannot afford the festive season. Like the nation of Ukraine. Just to name two of them.

I am reminded of a certain ex local landlord who - I believe - threw Clarkson and the entire "Top Gear" team out of his pub many years ago for being "obnoxious". 

(Other obnoxious people are available.)

nigel rosser
👍 3

Sun 18 Dec 2022, 22:16

Pretty over the top, agreed.

James Norris
👍 12

Sun 18 Dec 2022, 21:45

What an absolute piece of sh*t we have living in our midst. 

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/20782114/harry-meghan-netflix-series-truth/

“Meghan, though, is a different story. I hate her.

Not like I hate Nicola Sturgeon or Rose West. I hate her on a cellular level.

At night, I’m unable to sleep as I lie there, grinding my teeth and dreaming of the day when she is made to parade naked through the streets of every town in Britain while the crowds chant, “Shame!” and throw lumps of excrement at her.”

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.