Brexit Article by Robert Courts (Debate)

Tony Morgan
👍

Wed 24 Apr 2019, 14:36

I do not support the Tories or Courts but his article makes more sense than Corbyn's fence sitting and Cable's indicative vote abstentions.

As some one who voted remain I acknowledge that 'maybe' he has a point that his responsibility as an MP is to represent the 17m majority who…

Long post - click to read full text

Charlie M
👍 1

Wed 24 Apr 2019, 10:22

I also seem to have been added to his propagandist emailing list.

I shall be adding him to another list I have ... my junk email list. I did however reply to his last email, leaving him (hopefully) in no doubt as to how I feel about his arrogance in not voting according to the view expressed by his constituents in the referendum, and suggesting that he should "should take steps to find a new constituency where the electorate has views closer to his right-wing extremism", and that he "will NOT be missed here".

Stephen Andrews
👍 1

Wed 24 Apr 2019, 07:44

..and here is the youtube clip https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQi7qTULRxs

Huw Mallins-Brown
👍 1

Tue 23 Apr 2019, 23:25

Well, I think an apt description of Courts ability, can be no better than to use  the words that his mentor, from the ERG, used to Andrew Neil some years ago - floccinaucinihilipilification.

Nicola Leyland
👍 1

Tue 23 Apr 2019, 22:43

I think we all get added to his mailing list whether we are for or against his stance. I can usually predict his ramble and cannot forgive his conclusions. Hope our constituency can find a way to demonstrate their lack of support for him....

Helen Chapman
👍

Tue 23 Apr 2019, 21:03

I was surprised to find this email in my inbox, and then I realised he must have my address from previous campaigning emails I have sent. I wonder if he should be storing it and using it from a GDPR point of view? There is no option to unsubscribe!

Mike Williams
👍

Tue 23 Apr 2019, 17:00 (last edited on Tue 23 Apr 2019, 17:06)

Article published in Telegraph last Friday. I'll avoid the temptation to add my own comments here.

I hope you had a restful Easter break and that you were able to enjoy the beautiful West Oxfordshire weather with your loved ones.

I wanted to take this opportunity to write to…

Long post - click to read full text

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.