Treason - What does our spinelesss lickspittle MP say? (Debate)

Alice Brander
👍 4

Thu 9 Nov 2023, 06:58

I couldn’t agree with you more.  But I think their words are meaningless and are said to provoke division and anger.  The majority of us sane, rational, compassionate folk mustn’t allow ourselves to get angry, instead determined and focused.

Charlie M
👍 12

Wed 8 Nov 2023, 14:09

Alice, the vandalism wrought by this government on my country over the course of its term, coupled with the brainless ignorance of our amoeba of an MP, constitute a total contempt for the people. It is as if their members live in some kind of parallel universe, where the normal man in the street is as relevant to them as the poor refugees coming across the channel in dinghies. 

May their reign soon be over. And I am heartened by the news that we will not have to suffer ever again the embarrassment of having the present incumbent as our MP.

Alice Brander
👍 5

Wed 8 Nov 2023, 10:09

Are these just more weasel words? "... the North Sea Transition Authority to invite applications for new production license on an annual basis ..."

It invites applications from multi-national companies. They will only be interested if there are sufficient reserves out there to exploit. We understand that they are largely exploited. A decision to invest will be based on future income projections on the world supply of oil and gas, not a local one. UK energy security is not achieved by allowing multi-national companies to exploit UK assets. The oil and gas countries, US, Russia, Middle East have an interest in balancing the supply to balance the cost - not too high and not too low so that we will carry on buying the stuff, like sad addicts. There will be nothing like 200,000 jobs created and there will not be billions in tax receipts because multi-nationals choose where, and how much tax they pay. 

Isn't this just a pitch to voters and headline writers?

Malcolm Blackmore
👍 3

Tue 7 Nov 2023, 18:22

King's Speech? Really? How did he allow his tongue to utter the words? A sense of duty? Or have his views over the last 50 years simply been PR gloss? And if not - what dishonour for our political "leaders" to forbear upon the Royal Tongue for such utterances?

Betraying…

Long post - click to read full text

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.