Possibly the worst plastic overpackage at the Coop yet? (Debate)

Hannen Beith
👍 1

Fri 23 Aug 2019, 13:10

I agree Sharon.

But let's not ignore those who are obliged to because they can't afford a car, or who have disabilities.

Yes, surprising as it may seem, there are such people in Charlbury.

Hannen Beith
👍 1

Fri 23 Aug 2019, 13:06

Eh?

Eggs in plastic?  What's the reasoning for that?

"When I was a lad" I used to go to the grocer's and buy 2 or 3 which were gently placed in a brown paper bag.  Had to be careful mind!  They were raw, not hard boiled, which would withstand a lot of knocking about, I assume.

As for veg and fruit, go to the Chippy Co-op where you can park, and obtain many things without any packaging at all, and cheaper than Charlbury.  A 15 minute drive (Sorry, but I do drive there since the X9 service has been cut to one every 2 hours).

I often buy stuff and just plop it in the basket or trolley and it never seems to upset the check out "operatives" who just collect the lot and weigh them.  Then I pop them into my (hessian) basket.

And on a Tuesday I get 10% off.

sharon
👍 2

Fri 23 Aug 2019, 12:56

The trouble with people nowa days is that they will complain about anything and everything if you don't like it dont shop there simple and well said Geoff 

Geoff Belcher
👍 2

Thu 22 Aug 2019, 23:11

You don't have to buy it, its up to you.

Miles Walkden
👍 3

Thu 22 Aug 2019, 21:46

No, should blame the store for selling it. 

Wendy Bailey
👍 2

Thu 22 Aug 2019, 19:07

Should blame the packaging manufacturer for not using recyclable materials. 

Malcolm Blackmore
👍

Thu 22 Aug 2019, 18:33

4 - quite small - hard boiled eggs in hard clear plastic, heavily inked, packaging that looked of limited recycling potential.

How does one embed a photo into a posting? It's a bit of a sour laugh.

I'm emailing a copy to Midcounties Coop when I figure out how to do that, too.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.