GWP is seeking an enthusiastic and articulate person to work as a technician to support the team of geologists, geotechnical engineers, hydrologists and surveyors. We are seeking someone who has the skills required and a willingness to learn, rather than specific academic qualifications.
The successful applicant will:
• be computer literate and a competent user of Microsoft Word and Excel;
• have the ability to collect, collate and present data accurately;
• be able to read a map;
• have an interest in earth sciences;
• be comfortable working in a team or on your own;
• be keen to learn new skills.
• If you do not have previous relevant experience, we will train you to undertake in a wide variety of tasks including field tasks such as water monitoring and sampling, in situ testing and inspection of earthworks, collecting data with geotechnical engineers and GPS surveying. When in the office the tasks will include field equipment management and preparation, collation and graphing field data, preparation of laboratory testing schedules, processing survey data and undertaking factual reporting.
• It would be advantageous if you have some experience of some of the following software (however training will be given as necessary) Holebase, AutoCAD, GIS.
• A full UK driving licence is essential. The work will comprise both office and site work, either at greenfield sites or active/dormant quarries, surface mines, landfill site and construction related excavations throughout the UK.
• GWP offers a competitive salary and staff benefits package including workplace pension scheme, private medical and dental plans and 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays.